Friday, April 20, 2007

Billboard on Interstate 95


I spotted this billboard yesterday on Interstate 95 southbound near Exit 173, Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina, near where I live with my wife of almost 45 years. We went back today to get a picture. I am a proud "Hokie," class of 1962, and we have two Hokie daughters and son-in-laws that all wore the orange and maroon with pride and distinction today. We all fully support President Steger and the entire university community as they have shown such superior skill and leadership through such a difficult time. We will continue to pray for the families and friends of those that were lost and the university as it moves out of it's darkest hour.

Alex & Marilyn Cockey
Gaston, NC

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I am a Hokie graduate living in Princeton, WV. There have also been numerous signs/marquees, memorials, etc. signifying the unity we all have made to support the families of VT in WV. The loss of these families is unimaginable. Being a professor at another University, my heart goes out to the VT professors who have also lost students and friends. My family's prayers are with all of you.